Smokey Jerk Mac'n Cheese
Planning your Christmas dinner? Why not spice up one of your favorite dishes with some Jerk seasoning.
From our kitchen to yours, enjoy!
3 cups macaroni, uncooked
3 Tbsp butter
3 level Tbsp flour
4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
4 allspice berries
1 whole bay leaf
3 1/4 cups milk
1 scallion, chopped
1 scotch bonnet pepper, minced (seeded for less heat)
1 large tomato, diced
3-4 Tbsps Jammin Jerk Smokey Barbeque sauce
1 Tbsp smoked paprika
Salt to taste
1 ½ cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
½ cup smoked cheese, grated
½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
extra cheese for topping
How to Cook
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Cook macaroni until al dente, drain and set aside.
3. Melt butter in a saucepan over a medium heat, then add the flour. Stir with a whisk for a couple of minutes or until the mixture is smooth.
4. Add the chopped garlic, allspice and bay leaves and stir briefly.
5. Continue whisking while slowly adding the milk. Once all of the milk is incorporated and the mixture is smooth, add the scallion, scotch bonnet pepper, tomato, Jammin Jerk Barbeque sauce, paprika and salt and stir through the milk mixture.
6. Add cheddar cheese and smoked cheese and stir until melted.
7. Finally add in the cooked macaroni, combine well. Pour into a baking dish.
8. Sprinkle the top with as much cheese as desired. Bake for 25 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubbly.